The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) has produced its latest report.
- September 2, 2021
IICSA is investigating claims against local authorities, religious organizations and the armed forces, as well as public and private institutions and people in the public eye.
This is the 16th report and focuses on religious groups in the UK.
It’s finding reveal that numerous religious sects were putting children at risk by:
- Victim blaming
- Not openly discussing matters of sexuality
- Abuse of power by religious leaders
- Men dominating the leadership
- Mistrust of non-religious agencies
- Misusing the concept of “forgiveness”